Monday, June 27, 2011

Ten Years

Jake and I went on our first date 10 years ago yesterday (to Grand Portage State Park in MN, where we'd later live, and Thunder Bay, ON!)and were married six years ago on Saturday. We celebrated by canoeing and attempted camping in southern MN.

We paddled, but it ended up being too rainy to camp, so we had a very special and romantic evening at the ComfortInn in Owatonna, MN. Just kidding.

In happier news, Jake gave me a pressure canner as an anniversary gift! Oh, the possibilities! Also, this book, which I read aloud to him in the car on the way to and back from So.Minn. and recommend.

Did you know you can boost the Omega-3 content in your chickens' eggs by feeding them flax seed? Its true. I read it in that book. Just don't feed them too much or the eggs will taste fishy.

My gift to Jake was a Shutterfly book documenting the building of our house. Here's a pic from the book, featuring Jake and I and our girl Carey putting in the whole tree supports for the first floor. I'm holding on to the tree around which our kitchen counter is built.

Look at this guy! I just love him. Happy Anniversary, Jake.

No comments:

Post a Comment