Monday, June 27, 2011

Yay raised beds; boo racoons

It's official. I'm a raised bed enthusiast.

Tonight's strawberries, below. Extraordinarily, there's ice cream in the house. What goes better with season 3 of The Wire than some ice cream with fresh berries?

Agnes Update: We got home from the weekend in MN last night late- around 9:00, and I scooted over to the duck pen to check if there were ducklings. I saw eggshells! Further investigation revealed that a wily duckling-eating monster (racoon? weasel?) had burrowed into the side of Agnes' nest, rolled out four eggs, and brazenly sat right next to her to devour them. There are four eggs left in the nest, and still she sits, poor traumatized thing. Jake reinforced her corner of the pen with some finer gage chicken wire and plywood. If the eggs hatch before we leave for the weekend, those ducklings are roadtripping with us to M.I.L.'s.

And, finally, because he's just so cute, and I don't want to leave you with images of the wily monster, I give you Whistle in the cabbage patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment