Monday, April 2, 2012

Here, there, and everywhere

I was in New York over the weekend. Here's my oldest friend, posing with the flowering trees in SoHo.

A good, good time, that. Back home now. Sigh.

Flowering trees are here, though, too!

I could have stood and inhaled the scent of these flowers all evening. Wild plums! So sweet.



Mayapples are emerging in the woods.


Pasque flowers dot the forest floor.


Fiddleheads are unfurling.


Leaves are filling in the empty spaces among the trees.


Asparagus is coming up!


Among those other surprises...



I was reminded of Boo Radley. Its one of those most treasured in-between nights- window open, woodstove burning, and I realize its been more than a full calendar year since I've read To Kill a Mockingbird.

It is good to be home.

1 comment:

  1. The pics are beautiful! Spring is so much fun. Try this recipe with your asparagus. It's delicious: http://wholelivingdaily.wholeliving.com/2011/05/meatless-monday-asparagus-ribbon-salad.html#more-10345

    ReplyDelete