Saturday, October 15, 2011

Gifts from my Mil

My special name for Jake's mom is Mil, an initialism of Mother-in-law. Jake's dad is Fil, and they call me Dil. Jake's sister and I are Sils. My sister calls Jake Bil. Its fun: code names for the marrieds.

I've received a few gifts from my Mil lately. Among them, this fedora:
which will help me look awesome at an undetermined future time and place,
and this smusher thing, which she said belonged to her mother, my Gil, Inez.
This contraption made easy work of mashing the two bushels or so of apples I smuggled off of lonely roadside apple trees over the past few weeks.
And now, my pantry looks like this!
It will defeat the purpose of all that canning to not eat the stuff, but I also really like just looking at them!

1 comment:

  1. Mil, Fil, Sil, Bil, Gil, I LOVE it! That is too cute and so funny. I would also be so excited to look at all those jars in the pantry.

    ReplyDelete